Harrington is just 3½ hours north of Sydney in the Manning Valley on the stunning Mid North Coast of New South Wales with the best climate in Australia and surrounded by beach, river and National Park.
Harrington is situated just North of Taree, half way between Port Macquarie and Forster on the Northern mouth of the Manning River.
The Manning River is 180kms of navigable waterways and is the only river in the Southern Hemisphere with two Entrances, one of them at Harrington .
Harrington is a fisherman’s paradise, with beaches, deep sea, breakwall, estuary and river fishing all available within walking distance.
Our Caravan Park is a bowlers delight – right in the heart of Harrington, opposite Club Harrington a large modern friendly Bowling Club offering full bar facilities, a full menu Bistro 7 days, social Bowls, friendly staff and all this right on the edge of the Manning river mouth with million dollar views.
The beach, river and back channel provide the perfect playground for all your favourite watersports.
Whether you are looking for family fun, a getaway with friends, a romantic escape for two or just a holiday of pure relaxation – it’s all here!
New Years Day in Harrington features one of the largest Markets, Funfair & 9pm fireworks in regional New South Wales and all on our magnificent foreshore.! beat that.
Carols by Candlelight in December! Australia Day Celebrations in January. Major fishing competitions during the year
January: Harrington Festival
The Harrington New Years Festival is an annual event held on 1st of January. It’s the Harrington Event of the Year and are family fun days – join in this event in and around Harrington, on the river, by the sea.
1st January – morning Markets along the River, carnival, afternoon musical entertainment in Oxley Reserve, finishing the day with the Fireworks at 9pm.
Regional Activities and Events
How about a Day of Golf at the Harrington Waters Golf Course? Enjoy a great day out with the whole family, visit the Golf Shop & Bar.
For More Events in the Manning Region, view the MidCoast Council Calendar of Events.
Or Make Your Own Holiday “Event”!
- Watch the Whales from Crowdy Head Lighthouse between May & November every year.
- Relax on long, white sandy protected beaches in Crowdy Bay National Park
- Take a break at the local coffee shops or hotel, club and restaurants!
- Choose your lunch or dinner from Club Harrington’s Bistro, boasting an awesome menu, eat in or take away
- Bring your boat and explore the beautiful Manning River
- Stroll along the break wall paths to the ocean or river
- Walk along the river pathway to Harrigans Irish Pub
- Have a picnic on Pilot Hill.
- Catch your dinner at a secret fishing spot or buy fresh from Stones Oysters
- Take in the spectacular view from the Crowdy Head Lighthouse
- Enjoy a Coffee or Fish & Chips at the Crowdy Head Surf Clubs Sunset Cafe.